A sample resume to help you show off your skills!
Offering dedicated patient care is an honorable career to hold in today’s society. Once you begin applying for jobs after graduation from patient care technician school, you can show off the professional skills you’ve learned with a detailed, skills-based resume.
A skills-based resume highlights the roles you can perform and the professional attributes that you’ve garnered in a patient care technician program. Once you detail your skills and education, potential employers can start to build a sense of who you are and what you’re capable of.
A PCT resume can be hard to write for new professionals. At the Harris Casel Institute we wish to see our students succeed and represent themselves in a professional and dignified manner. Writing a strong resume can help you do this. If you need guidance during the writing process, then use our sample patient care technician resume below. If you need more assistance or job search tips, students or recent Harris Casel graduates may contact our Career Services Department today! We can help make your job search easier and help you write a resume that will make your skills shine through!
Patient Care Technician Sample Resume
138 Palm Avenue – Melbourne, FL 32901
Cell: 333-333-3333 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
LinkedIn URL here
Professional Patient Care Technician passionate about the healthcare field. Helpful, attentive, and kind nursing provider who seeks to bring clinical skills and resourcefulness to the patient care industry at Life Quest Nursing Manor.
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN SKILLS
- Provide skilled and attentive nursing care for a variety of patients
- Communicate easily with patients
- Offer patient support and comfort
- Dedicated to following instructions of a healthcare plan
- Measure and record vital signs
- Sanitize medical instruments, linens, and dressing gowns
- Feed, bathe, and administer help to patients for daily activities
- Transport patients throughout facility
- First Aid/CPR training
- Emergency care
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Electronic Health Records
Patient Care Technician Extern (unpaid externship)
Health Tech Care Facilities (Long-Term Care), Manchester, NH – January 2016 to March 2016
- Provided direct care for residents in a 150-bed facility
- Measured and recorded residents’ blood pressure and temperature
- Monitored patients’ health statuses
- Followed patient health plans
- Bathed and dressed patients
- Served and fed patients
- Repositioned, turned, and transported patients for exams and ambulation
- Listened and recorded patient health concerns
- Reported statuses to nurse practitioners and doctors
- Administered emergency care under supervision
Cashier and Sales Associate
Macy’s, Melbourne, FL– October 2011 to September 2014
- Operated cash register and checked out over 200 customers per day
- Processed customer complaints
- Answered questions on inventory
- Received positive feedback from store manager
Harris Casel Institute, Melbourne, FL (accredited)
Patient Care Technician diploma, August 2016
1,200-hour program; XX-hour externship placement; 3.7 GPA
Seaside High School, Melbourne, FL
- Janelle Montana, Instructor, Harris Casel Institute, Phone: XXX-XXX-XXXX
- Isaac Hernandez, Internship Supervisor, Health Tech Care Facilities, Phone: XXX-XXX-XXXX
Harris Casel Institute offers numerous healthcare training programs at its campus in Melbourne, FL. For more information on our services, contact us today!