30 tips for participating in the holiday season
Have you stopped to enjoy the season of giving and kindness? The holidays are quickly approaching and many people like to get in the holiday spirit by participating in fun, seasonal activities. These activities can help put you in a better mood and enjoy the quality time you spend with family and loved ones this season.
Are you having trouble getting in the spirit of the holidays? If you’ve got a lot on your plate, it can be distracting and put a damper on your festivities. Instead, try to focus on the positive. Here are some ways you can embody the holiday spirit, give back to others, and start to enjoy the season.
- Purchase presents for Toys for Tots
- Bake holiday-themed cookies, cakes, and desserts
- Cook a new holiday recipe and share it with friends
- Set up a gift exchange
- Hand out candy canes to your classmates or coworkers
- Go holiday gift shopping
- Create a holiday play list and sing along
- Go caroling at a local nursing home
- Organize an ugly sweater party
- Use Operate Gratitude to show thanks to our troops
- Write a holiday letter to a child in the hospital
- Donate to a local charity
- Share a holiday drink with friends and cheers to the New Year!
- Decorate with holiday ornaments
- Create your own holiday arts and crafts
- Leading up to the holidays, call a new friend to offer them seasons greetings
- Treat yourself to a gift
- Donate clothes or food to a charity drive
- Watch holiday specials or films
- Recall special holiday memories with family members
- Admire the holiday lights in your neighborhood
- Post happy, inspiring, and positive messages on your social media accounts
- Encourage others to give back this holiday season with rescue donations
- Get a picture with Santa
- Send out holiday cards
- Enjoy a holiday cider, hot chocolate, or egg nog latte with friends
- Exchange cookies with others
- Do random acts of kindness in your community
- Search for local and free events in your area
- Watch a holiday play or your town's holiday parade
You can start participating in the holiday spirit several days before the holiday actually arrives. This will help put you in a more giving mood this year. If you take time out of a busy schedule to enjoy the holiday break, you can enjoy the season more, build more meaningful memories, and take the time to enjoy the simple treasures in life. We wish you joy and happiness this holiday season with friends and loved ones.
Harris Casel Institue features student tips and health and wellness articles in its weeky blog. Consider learning more about our healthcare trianing programs. Reach out today!