This program could open the doors to a healthcare career
Do you want to turn over a new leaf in the new year? Are you looking for something new to set your life and career in a positive direction? If you feel stuck in an unfulfilling job, it may be time to look for career-focused training. Try asking yourself these questions:
1. Is your current job challenging enough?
2. Are you worried that you do not have marketable skills?
3. Would you like a short-term career program (rather than going to college)?
4. Do you enjoy helping others?
5. Would you be interested in the field of healthcare?
If you answer “yes” to these questions, then you may be ready for something new. The Harris Casel Institute in Melbourne, Florida, is a school that is committed to helping people turn their lives around and get started in a meaningful career. One of our popular programs is our Nursing Assistant program. Here are three great plusses for choosing this program:
- You can get trained in just 6 weeks!
- You will have marketable skills in the field of healthcare
- You can work in a professional atmosphere in a field that truly helps others
What does a nursing assistant do?
If you choose to pursue a nursing assistant training program, here are the types of tasks you might do in this field:
- Care for elderly patients at a nursing home
- Help patients with their basic needs, such as personal hygiene and taking meals
- Measure and record vital signs
- Help straighten rooms and change bedding
- Assist a Registered Nurse with daily activities
No experience required
Training programs for nursing assistants do not require any previous nursing or medical experience. Our program at the Harris Casel Institute simply requires that you have your high school diploma (or equivalent) and complete our admissions process. In just six weeks, you will gain skills in these important areas:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Blood borne pathogens
- HIV/AIDs care
- Care of cognitively impaired patients
- Restorative care
- Taking vital signs
- CPR/First Aid
The Harris Casel Institute will also support your job search by helping you with employability skills and resume preparation. After our program, you will need to pass the state’s licensing/certification exam before you can practice.
If you want to learn more about this field, try 5 Things to Know About Becoming a Nursing Assistant. For more information, don’t be afraid to reach out and contact us at the Harris Casel Institute. All it takes Is a few minutes to fill out our simple online form, and a representative will get in touch with you.
We hope you choose the Harris Casel Institute for your new year’s resolution!