Our sample resume can make writing your own easier!
If you’re finishing up your practical nursing studies at Harris Casel, now is the time to start writing your resume! Your education is an essential part of your job resume because it can help potential employers see which skills you’ve developed along the way. A skills-based resume can help you emphasize your education, especially if you have little work experience.
If you’re having trouble writing your own resume, our sample practical nurse resume can give you the direction you need to begin! This resume can help you format properly and remind you to include important details so you can increase your chances of landing a job interview.
For further assistance, take advantage of our Career Services Department. Harris Casel offers walk-in hours so you can practice your interview and networking skills and search for jobs. Contact us at any time to learn more about our services!
Practical Nurse Sample Resume
900 Chelsea Avenue – Melbourne, FL 32905
Mobile: 555-666-7777 – Email: email@example.com
Licensed Practical Nurse seeking employment with QuestLife Hospital. Dedicated to the high-quality patient care and building safe environments for patients and their families. Skilled in clinical practices. Provides a strong work ethic and compassion for patients.
PRACTICAL NURSING SKILLS
- Monitor blood pressure and vital signs
- Administer IVs
- Administer and conduct Electrocardiograms (EKGs) and Pulmonary Function Test (PFT)
- Give injections
- Operate and handle ventilator, tracheostomy, and catheter
- Dispense medication
- Manage medical records
- Take, handle, and transfer specimen handling
- Dress and sanitize wounds
- Electronic Health Records (EHR) databases
- MS Office, Excel, Word, Outlook
Practical Nurse Extern (Unpaid externship)
Pathways Nursing Facility (Long-Term Care), Melbourne, FL – January 2016 to March 2016
- Assisted with direct care for residents in a 100-bed facility
- Measured and recorded residents’ vital signs
- Transported residents and arranged ambulation
- Stocked and managed medication inventory according to Pathway’s policies
- Shadowed LPN as she supervised a staff of LNAs
Lowe’s Home Improvement, Melbourne, FL – May 2014 to January 2016
- Served 50-150 customers per day
- Answered questions about products and materials
- Received positive evaluations from supervisor
The Harris Casel Institute, Melbourne, FL (accredited school)
Practical Nurse degree, May 2016
XXX-hour program; XXX-hour internship placement
West Shore Senior High School Melbourne, FL
- Jasmine Broderick, Manager at Lowe's Home Improvement, Phone: 222-222-2222
- Candice Meyers, Internship Supervisor, Pathways Nursing Facility, Phone: 555-333-3555